Thursday, May 1, 2008

It has happened.

My three year old has corrupted my one year old. We all knew this would happen, just didn't think it would be quite this soon.

My three year old is obsessed with Superheroes (and the Villains!) Batman, Superman, BatWermin (aka Wonder Woman), Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Hooman Porch (aka Human Torch), Wolverine, Iron Man, Spiderman, Octa Doctapus (aka Dr. Octopus), Flash, Green Lantern, The Joker, Benom (Venom) and on and on and on. We know them all, we love them all, and we have most of them in action figures. Of course, we also have our own live super hero - Cole. He even has a cape. Except he doesn't call it a cape - in Cole world a cape is actually called a pirate. And we have different pirates for whatever superhero he wants to be at the moment. The pirate (cape) is nothing more than a hooded towel - but when Cole dons the towel, magical qualities take over, and it becomes a pirate!

Cole walks in the house every day, takes all clothes (minus underwear) off and puts on the pirate. Yesterday, Luke got to the pirate before Cole could. This was NOT appreciated. So Lee went to the cabinet and got Luke his own pirate. Hilarity ensued.

(P.S. Are we now officially classified as rednecks because we let our children out of the house dressed (or rather undressed) like this?)





I LOVE the way Luke is looking at Cole in this one -


HERE is where this was prophesied. Read the last sentence.

3 comments:

LVL Photography | Leda said...

This is one of the many times in our lives I can say... I TOLD YA SO!

And he looks just as cute as I imagined he would. GO LUKE!

Oh, and as a Yankee, I would say you're now a redneck...but I still love you. :smooch:

MDP said...

oh....aren't they adorable in their "pirates"

A superhero always needs a side kick ;)

Unknown said...

Those superheroes can come rescue me any time!!! So cute.