Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Work meets Play: Orange Beach

This past weekend, I had the privilege of shooting Chris & Leigh Ann Raper's wedding in Fort Morgan. Lee and I decided - why not make a mini family vacation out of it? :)



We went down Friday to Orange Beach, and came back on Sunday. We stayed at the best little condo - Emerald Skye. It was small, but suited our needs perfectly. Saturday we played on the beach most of the day, then Saturday afternoon and evening, I was with Mr. and Mrs. Raper as they exchanged vows and celebrated with friends and family (pictures coming soon!) Before heading home Sunday, we hit The Track in Gulf Shores.

The Woody: a 3-story wooden go cart track. This, my friends, is the entire reason we went to The Track. :) My husband just couldn't pass up the chance.

Cori and her friend Nicole:


Lee and Cole on the outside, with Cori next to them, and then Nicole:


Cori driving me on another track. I've chosen not to show you the picture where my mouth is wide open, screaming in horror. :0 You will however, notice the death grip I have on the side of the go cart.


Luke on his first ever all-by-himself ride. :sigh: They really do grow too fast.


Cole was too concerned with Luke to look at me for a picture. "Lukey! Don't fall out!"


Neither one of my boys knew what to think about the mini-ferris wheel. They just kinda sat there, stunned looking, for the whole ride.


After this, the girls and Cole rode The Woody one more time, and then it was due north for the The Drummonds. Mercifully, Cole and Luke slept the whole way home. :)

5 comments:

LVL Photography | Leda said...

Maybe you wouldn't have been so scared of Cori's driving had your harness been a bit tighter...or maybe you're just a wimp. I didn't see you on that ferris ride!=P

Lovin that family shot. Miss you sweets!

Claire said...

I'm just a wimp. ;) Although I do love roller coasters. The bigger the better!

Miss you too!

Anonymous said...

That's ironic: Will's parents went to Orange Beach this weekend too :) (I think..he said it was some beach...maybe Orange...hmmm...)

Looks like you had a great time with the fam!

shelana said...

oh the boys are so big i cant stand it. and you of course are as cute as ever!

Valerie said...

What fun! The next vacation picture you post had better be of St Louis!!!