Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wedding: Jessica & Michael


Jessica and Michael were married on Saturday, September 27th. It was a gorgeous day...perfect weather, beautiful service, wonderful people.







The ring. (and the fabulous shoes!)



I cry a little bit at all of my weddings. I do - I can't help it. I'm a romantic, and I'm super emotional. Plus, I still remember all the emotion of my own wedding day, and I kinda relive a little of that at every ceremony I attend, whether as a guest or a photographer. Now normally, it's just a tear or two a few different times during the ceremony...but this one...there was one point where I couldn't even see through my viewfinder because my eyes were so thick with tears. I'm not sure why this ceremony got me so much - perhaps it was because I've worked with Jessica so much over the past several months (she was a bridesmaid in another wedding I did, then we did several different sessions that were wedding-related...plus, she's the best bank teller a girl could ever have :wink:). Not to mention, she's been to my house, so now everytime I tell my son that mommy's going to take pictures at a wedding, he says, "Are you going to see your bribe Ms. Jessca???" Or perhaps it was that the ceremony itself was so touching - Father McKenna's message was not only to Jessica and Michael as they start their lives as one, but to all of us, and when he spoke on growing together as a couple, it really spoke to me about my own marriage. My guess is that it was a mixture of both.

*okay* Ramble over, back to the pictures. :)





This is Jessica's sister, Colleen, doing her duty as Maid of Honor.

An excerpt from her toast: I remember right after they met we went on a family outing to EastChase, and Michael had gone with us. On the way back, we stopped at a red light, and Jessica turned to me and said, "Colleen - I'm going to marry him some day." And I said, "Yeah, you are."


Now let me just tell you - there were some dancin' fools at this wedding! Never in my life have I seen such a wide variety of people storm the dance floor! It was wonderful - I loved it! And I was so wanting to go out there and join them...especially when Thriller came on, and some of the ladies started dancing a bit of the choreography from the video.








The traditional Luchner YMCA!


Jessica's Mom and Grandmom cuttin a rug!



Before the big get away, I snagged Jessica and Michael for a few newlywed pictures.






I hope you guys are having a blast at Disneyworld! Give Mickey a hug for me!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Love, love, love that ring shot!