Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wedding: Rachel & JJ

*Thanks to all who have patiently waited for this blog...I know it's late, but life has been crazy. In an effort to make up for my tardiness, I'm posting a few extra pictures. Enjoy!*

On October 18th, Rachel and J.J. (or RayJay, as Rachel's sister calls them) were married at St. Mary's on the Highlands in Birmingham. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I'm always suprised that more Southerners don't get married in October. The weather is perfect!



Rachel is a big fan of wide angle shots. And with a chapel this gorgeous, wide angle was definitely called for!


After we finished the bridal party and family pictures inside the church, we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. The courtyard at St. Mary's was perfect for pictures.


(Can you tell my girls were a lot of fun? I love it!)




We moved around to the front of the church, and it was perfection all over again.



I absolutely LOVE the front steps here. Another thing I love? Rachel's shoes!




While we were there, I called J.J.'s mom over for a mother-son picture. I guess having boys myself, these pictures are always among my favorites. I
will have this picture at my boys' weddings. :)



Confession: this was staged. But isn't it wonderful?




The fabulous shoes of the day:




I won't tell the story behind this shot. But trust me, it was hilarious.





Can you guess what these two are doing? Hint: It's late afternoon on Saturday. You guessed it - FOOTBALL!







I absolutely love these favors.


And did they use bubbles? roses? birdseed? Nope - potpourri! Wonderful!


Hope you guys had a great time on your honeymoon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your creative ring shots! That door handle is genius!

Valerie said...

JJ looks so handsome in his uniform and the shoes are great. I love the hearts on the bottom.